An Open Door to Conversation

An Open Door to Conversation

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Question #10: How do you greet the unfamiliar?

Welcoming the Wildcard

New life.  These two words can be connected to innumerable events: a sunrise, a new baby, a new idea, plant growth, a shift in perspective, or any other transitional movement away from a previous state.  It encompasses fertilization, incubation, sprouting, emerging, birthing, evolution and much more. 

In many ways, I feel I’ve lived more than one life in this lifetime.  Looking back over the last fifty years I’ve experienced, I can see events that burst onto the calendar as clear markers of change, as well as time spans of subtle shifting. 

I have felt the pains of laboring over new life and the celebration of its arrival.  I embrace the element of mystery and hope that newness brings, and breathe a silent prayer it be my friend.  The new is an unfamiliar guest, a wild card that has no historic baseline.  

So it is mine to embrace as I untether expectations and allow full bloom...



This week's question asks you to consider:



How do you greet the unfamiliar?



Let's skip a few rocks, and create some ripples...


~Asia

No comments:

Post a Comment