An Open Door to Conversation

An Open Door to Conversation

Friday, March 25, 2016

Question #12: How has your life been well lived?

The Space Between

Self Expression.  It’s a unique variable that makes the world an undeniable kaleidoscope of experience.   Each moment, each day, the life lived between birth and death is an opportunity. 

      I feel rich with my version of life so far.    
View inside a Kaleidoscope by Clemet Bucco-Lechat
Although there are parts I don't treasure, I choose to view the darker experiences as a natural part of a well-lived life.  Like a personal yin yang symbol, life has expertly presented me with experiences that have elicited joy as well as intense agony. And it’s been my opportunity to express myself through it all.  

I’ve been angry, happy, curious, bored, creative, giddy, suspicious, peaceful and frustrated.  I’ve traveled to 5 countries, lived in 7 states, set down roots and been nomadic.  I know the stance of religious zeal, and the walk of humble spiritualism.  I'm jaded and cynical, innocent and trusting.  I've dined with millionaires and drank tea with women in the slums of India.  Sunrises have made me cry, trees have talked to me, and horses have reminded me of lifetimes past.  I've been enveloped by the sacred, and have judged others harshly.  I survived abuse.  I've made love.  I've raised six children and dozens of animals, been married, been divorced, been homeless and lived in privilege.  I know the face of evil and the voice of God….or at least my version of them.  

And as I live my life between, it seems the majority of experiences have surprised me, despite my intentional planning and efforts to control the outcome.  And now, 50 years into it, I wouldn’t change a thing. 

I am a container of stories which spin and combine, reflecting unique versions of me through my individual kaleidoscope of expression. 



How has your life been well lived?




  
Let's skip a few rocks, and create some ripples...
~Asia

No comments:

Post a Comment